Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa)

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa)

This document is an entry requirement for foreign nationals travelling from visa exempt countries by air to Canada. There are no documents required to be submitted for this travel authorization, apart from valid visa.

You either need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. You only need one or the other, not both.

CanadianeTA is valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires. This means you must enter Canada within this period. In addition, it is a Multiple Entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 180 days Per Entry.

An eTAdoes not ’t guarantee entry to Canada. On arrival a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents. You must convince the officer that you are eligible for entry to Canada.

Several things can make you inadmissible, including security, health, financial reasons and involvement in organized crime, in human rights violations orin criminal activity.