Study Visa

Appliction For Study Permit in Canada

The study permit is a document that is issued by IRCC that permits foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada.

Study permit is not a visa. It does not let you enter Canada. Candidate may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If IRCC approves the study permit, a valid TRV will be issued by IRCC.

A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.