A work visa is a permission granted by IRCC to a foreign national for the purpose of working in Canada.
There are two types of work permits in Canada
- Open Work Permit : An open work permit allows aspiring candidate to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer:
- Who is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions or
- Who regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages
- Candidate can only get an open work permit in specific situations.
- Employer-specific work Permit : This permit allows to work according to the conditions on work permit, which includes:
- The name of the employer you can work for
- How long you can work
- The location where Candidate can work (if applicable)